I love baking and desserts as I previously revealed in my blog. We all have that sweet tooth especially after a luscious meal. I have always been a fan of the Brazilian dessert called “Brigadeiro” which means Brig or Brigadier in English. In United Kingdom, it is a senior rank in the British Army subordinate to the Major-General. It was said that this dessert traces its history all the way back in the 1940s. Brigadeiros are simply small ball sized dessert made of chocolate. In my version, I’ll use dark chocolate (tablea) from NutraRich Philippines.
To make the brigadeiros, you need these simple ingredients:
- 1 can of condensed milk (Vinamilk condensed milk)
- 12 pcs tablea (NutraRich)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cranberry, Blueberry & Goji Muesli (Carman’s)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs for garnish
I am very particular in using my trusted brands. It’s easier to adjust if I need to revamp my recipe. Here’s the instruction in making The Tennis Foodie version of Brigadeiros:
- In a pan, combine all of the ingredients in following order: condensed milk, tablea, butter and brown sugar.
- Bring the pan to the induction stove and heat it over low heat. Make sure to stir it occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to Chef XL Titanium mixer (Kenwood). Mix it slowly until medium speed until you see that the mixture is thicker.
- Cool the mixture to a room temperature.
- In a wooden board or plate, spread your Cranberry, Blueberry & Goji Muesli.
- Roll the mixture into little balls using two spoons. You can use your hands too!
- Place the brigadeiro balls into the muesli and place them in cupcake paper cups.
- You can add cacao nibs on top or you can roll them on them instead of muesli.
I opted to go for the healthier muesli instead of candy sprinkles. Less guilt isn’t it? It’s good as afternoon snack too. What do you think about this recipe? Let me know your thoughts on the comment section.
Here are some of The Tennis Foodie‘s original recipes:
- Fusilli Pasta with Tomato and Cheddar Cheese Sauce using Quorn Meat-Free Grounds
- Cucumber Orange Cupcake by The Tennis Foodie
- Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Creamy Mackerel Pasta
- Chicken Vermont Curry
- Vinamilk No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
To know more about the brands I used on this recipe, check their official social media accounts:
Facebook: NutraRich Davao Fine Tablea