Tired of eating the same meat products? Worry no more! Quorn is now available in the Philippines. Founded in 1985 in the United Kingdom, it was recently acquired by Filipino snack-food company Monde Nissin last 2015.
Originally from the United Kingdom, Quorn is a product selection of sumptuous meat-free protein products. It is the world leader in meat-free food that enables you to enjoy healthier and more nutritious versions of your favorite meals – whether you opt for ingredient-type products that allow you to cook from scratch like fillets or grounds, or for ready-to-cook options like nuggets, burger patties.
One main ingredient of Quorn is Mycoprotein – a naturally healthy protein from Fusarium venenatum that is high in fiber, low in saturated fat, and has zero cholesterol.
Recently, I have tried the Quorn Meat-Free Grounds. I cooked my favorite Fusilli Pasta with Tomato and Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
Here’s my personal recipe below:
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 pc. onion bulb
1 can diced tomatoes
14 oz. fusilli (spiral) pasta
3 tbsp. grated cheddar cheese
2 slices of tomatoes for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add Quorn Meat-Free Grounds.
- Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add few pinches of salt. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Strain and return to the pot.
- Pour the cooked tomato sauce to the pasta. Add grated cheddar cheese and add tomatoes for garnish.
This is an easy recipe that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. This will surely be a HIT for kids and even teenagers. It can be cooked in any occasion! I tried being a vegetarian before and it was so difficult. Quorn however makes it easier now. No need to eat boring and plain vegetable salad if you can eat a fun and tasty product like this.
For more information, you may check Quorn’s official social media accounts: