There’s nothing like enjoying a delicious steak dinner to mark special occasions. While it may not be advisable to dine out and have this juicy classic in your favorite restaurant just yet, the good news is that you can cook this dish right in the comfort and safety of your home!
Actress and musician Saab Magalona-Bacarro, alongside her husband, businessman and Cheats frontman Jim Bacarro, make it a point to still hold romantic date nights with some good ol’ steak and mashed potatoes. “We enjoy preparing steak and potatoes because it’s delicious, hearty, and fancier than our usual meals, but also really easy to prepare,” Saab shared. Aside from having steak on date nights, they even repurpose them into steak fried rice for their kids.
In the first episode of La Germania’s recent Masterclass Series, the famous couple shared their secrets to making this dish at home. While you can watch the full episode on La Germania’s Facebook page to see how they prepare this classic dish, here’s the recipe you can try at home:
- 500g rib eye steak
- Potatoes (5 large potatoes)
- 250ml Cream
- Beef cube
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Make sure your steak is at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Season the tray or cutting board first. 30% of the seasoning disappears when you cook beef, so make sure you season liberally. Then, rub both sides of the beef on the tray.
- Season the beef again until it looks encrusted in seasoning.
- Put the stove at a low temperature before putting the meat. The meat must be cooked in piping hot heat, so you have to be ready.
- Meanwhile, you cut the potatoes, and boil them for about 12 minutes. Use a fork to check how soft the potatoes are. Then, you mash the potatoes.
- Deglaze the pan with some red wine if you want some sauce alongside your steak.
- Put butter gradually on your potatoes. Taste test the potatoes so you can gauge how much seasoning you need to after.
- Once you season the potatoes to your preference, you can add some garlic.
- Fry some garlic with half a tablespoon of olive oil on low heat. Then add the cream, beef cube, and herbs of your choice.
- Put the sauce on the potatoes using a strainer. Add the garlic chunks if you would like. Then, put it back on the stove. Mix it around, and taste test if it’s seasoned according to your liking.
- If you like your steak medium, you should cook your steak for 4 minutes on each side. Leave it to cool down for about ten minutes, and enjoy immediately.
For Saab and Jim, it’s not just about the way you cook your steak and potatoes. The secret is to use the best ingredients and invest in good quality kitchen equipment like La Germania. “With our La Germania stove, we can speed up the process of cooking our favorite dishes because it has multiple burners. It’s easy to control, and child-friendly too since it’s an induction stove,” Saab mused. “If you’re raising a small family like us, having a reliable kitchen partner like La Germania makes everything easier to manage. From everyday dishes to more elaborate recipes, we can have fun and experiment in the kitchen.”
Built according to the highest European standards in terms of construction and design, La Germania appliances allow you to prepare restaurant-worthy dishes in an efficient and easy way. With guaranteed durability and superior quality, they’re a good investment for you to channel your inner chef, and unleash your kitchen genius.
Italian-heritage brand La Germania has been the preferred kitchen companion of Filipino homemakers for 53 years and counting. Its wide array of ovens, cooktops, and stoves is made of high-grade materials and designed to stand the test of time and extensive use. La Germania’s current line of products continues to serve the cooking needs and lifestyle of this generation and the next. To know more about La Germania and its products, visit www.lagermaniaph.com. The trusted kitchen partner of Filipinos also has its official stores on Shopee and Lazada. For more information on La Germania and its products, you may follow the official Facebook and Instagram accounts of the trusted kitchen and appliance brand.