I was fortunate enough to have an exclusive interview with Oana Simion. She’s currently the ITF World No. 1 female tennis player. Get to know her in the interview below:
TF: How and when did you start playing tennis?
OS: I started playing tennis when I was 5 years old in my birthtown in Romania. I was a very curious child and I wanted to know how tennis is played. And the tennis court was the place that I fell in love with.
TF: Do you have any tennis idols growing up?
OS: I was following different players, but I grew up watching Sorana Cirstea going up in the rankings.
TF: If given a chance, who is your dream doubles partner? How about a mixed doubles partner?
OS: I would like to play doubles with Kim Clijsters as she can teach me more from her experience. Mixed doubles is my favorite part of the game and I would love to share the court with Horia Tecau.
TF: What are your goals for the year given that COVID-19 happened? Any particular tournament you want to play or win?
OS: COVID-19 period has been a difficult time and now I would just want to enjoy every trip, every moment on court and to fight in every match.
TF: What’s your to-go food before and after a tennis match?
OS: Before a match, I like to eat a bar and a banana or a salad depending on the time of the match. After the match, I eat proteins.
TF: What’s your greatest achievement so far in your career?
OS: Reaching number 1 ITF is one of my biggest achievements.
TF: Any favorite Grand Slam match that you got inspired with?
OS: A great match from women’s tennis is the final between Halep and Sharapova from Roland Garros back in 2016.
Fast Ten Questions:
- Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal? Roger Federer
- Clay or Grass? Clay
- Juice or Soda? Soda
- Visors or Bandana? Visors
- North America or Europe? Europe
- Favorite Grand Slam? Roland Garros
- Ana Ivanovic or Maria Sharapova? Ana Ivanovic
- Favorite Color? Purple
- Banana or Apple? Banana
- Meat or Vegetables? Meat
Thank you, Oana! Good luck with the rest of the season (if it resumes) and to the new season ahead!
Check out my other tennis related articles below:
- Retrospective fashion review for Vollaix 2016
- Classic Meets Color
- The Tennis Foodie Exclusive: An Interview with Dan Holzmann
- eTennis League
- Introducing Pocketify: Innovative Fashion Concept
- Eat, Work Out, Win: How To Eat and Exercise Like Novak Djokovic
- Leveriza Tennis Cup
- How I Chose My Tennis Racket
- CCI France Philippines Launches Its Annual Tennis Tennis Tournament
- 5 Tips To Take Care of Your Tennis Racket
- Vollaix Supports 2018 Stowe Mountain Lodge Classic
- Top Ten Hottest Female Tennis Players
- 5 Fun Sports that Are Secretly Amazing Workouts
- Tani – Innovative Premium Men’s Underwear
- Contact Lenses That Improve Your Tennis Game
- Rafael Nadal – Favorite at French Open 2019
- 5 Reasons to Wear Athleisure Clothing
- Collect Tennis Balls with Kollectaball
- The Secret to Roger Federer’s Longevity: How to Exercise like King Roger
- EXCLUSIVE! Interview with Treat Huey