The new year marks a fresh start, but it also means that flu season is upon us. That’s why it’s vital for you and your loved ones to take care of your health. One of the best ways to shield ourselves from diseases and possible health risks is preparing nutritious dishes at home.
To help you boost your immune system amid flu season, La Germania shares three recipes that are easy to make and rich with health benefits. By preparing these dishes at home, you also get to make a lot of savings. Hence, you hit two birds with one stone.
Get fancy with Salmon en Papillote
French cuisine may sound intimidating, but this tender fish is deceptively easy and fast to prepare. Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods in the market, rich in omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins. Omega-3 fatty acids help build and maintain a healthy body, while B vitamins are a good energy source and may help with certain health problems, like migraines and anxiety. Baking this flavourful French dish will be a total breeze with your La Germania oven range.
- 1.5 lbs salmon, cut into four pieces
- One small zucchini, thinly sliced
- One head fennel, thinly sliced
- One lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut parchment into four large ovals 15” by 10” inches. Then, fold each parchment in half.
- On half of each parchment, layer on ¼ of the zucchini, ¼ the fennel, one piece of salmon, sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt, ¼ pepper, ¼ tsp dill, lemon slices, drizzle each salmon with one teaspoon olive oil and a few pieces of fennel fronds. Repeat this process with the three remaining salmon filets.
- Close the parchment by folding the other half over the prepared salmon and carefully roll the open edges toward the center.
- Set pouches on a baking sheet and bake on the center rack for 15 minutes.
- Open carefully using a fork and serve.
Snack it up with Baked Garlic Sweet Potatoes
If you’re in the mood for a delicious snack, you can forgo junk food and try this affordable yet delectable option instead. Sweet potato (a.k.a kamote) is a superfood packed with plenty of nutrients like Potassium, beta-carotene and Vitamin C. Potassium regulates one’s heartbeat. In contrast, beta-carotene is good for one’s eyesight. Meanwhile, Vitamin C is necessary for the growth, development, and repair of all body tissues. That’s why you should eat more sweet potatoes this flu season. With a La Germania compact oven in your arsenal, you can bake this mouthwatering dish to your heart’s content.
- Four medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Five cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Two tablespoons chopped parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. Place into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crisp, tossing occasionally.
- Combine sweet potato with garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Warm up with a Detoxifying Soup
There’s nothing like a warm soup to stay healthy this cold and flu season. You can skip the store-bought or instant soup by making this soup dish full of immunity-boosting, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying ingredients like assorted vegetables and a medley of spices. Following this 30-minute recipe will be easy peasy with your La Germania electric stove.
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One yellow onion, diced
- Six cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- One teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One large sweet potato (about 1/2 lb) diced into ½” cubes
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked and rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup kale, destemmed and torn into 1” pieces
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the turmeric and paprika and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, red lentils, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add kale and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the kale has softened and wilted slightly.
- Season with salt to taste.
Built according to the highest European standards in terms of construction and design, La Germania appliances allow you to prepare nutritious dishes in an efficient and easy way. With guaranteed durability and superior quality, they’re a good investment for you to channel your inner chef, and make more immune-boosting food at home.
La Germania products are available online through La Germania’s official e-commerce website www.lagermaniaph.com and e-commerce platforms on Shopee and Lazada. You may follow the trusted kitchen and appliance brand’s official Facebook and Instagram accounts for more information on La Germania and its products.
Check out my other recipes at The Tennis Foodie:
- Fusilli Pasta with Tomato and Cheddar Cheese Sauce using Quorn Meat-Free Grounds
- Cucumber Orange Cupcake by The Tennis Foodie
- Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Creamy Mackerel Pasta
- Chicken Vermont Curry
- Vinamilk No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Muesli Brigadeiros
- Melon Macadamia Surprise
- Sarangani Bay Bangus Rolls
- Danes Cheese Bacon Rolls
- Bingo Double Choco Mug Cake
- CDO Candied and Cheesy Bacon
- Bingo Orange Milkshake
- Baked Cheesy Salmon
- CDO Funtastyk Tocino Pasta
- CDO Chicken Franks Croissant
- San Remo Keilbasa – Black Forest Ham Baked Macaroni
- Burnt Cheesecake
- Crispy & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baked Salmon, Baked Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- Tanduay Mango Rhum
- Penne al Telefono
- Steak and Potatoes
- Chocolate Pudding
- Chicken Adobo
- Fried Rice
- Banana Pancakes
- Ham and Mushroom Quiche
- Cheesy Omelet
- Beef Mushroom Sandwich
- Potato Leek Soup with Truffle Oil
- Meatballs in Umbria Black Truffle Sauce
- Three-Cheese Umbria White Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
26 thoughts on “Boost Your Immune System with Easy and Healthy Dishes from La Germania”
I love sweet potato fries – I’ll have to try this recipe out!
I like them all. Where there are garlic, onions, and ginger, there is health.
I love to have healthy re4cipe options. Its important to boost our immune system these days
I love this meal! Tasty and healthy. I always like to prepare soup with every meal I make since it doesn’t take a lot of time but people feel like you went all out whenever you serve them soup with the meal. I’ll have to try these recipes out.
These look so good and it also helps with the immune system. That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing!
These all sound like tasty dishes, and it is nice bonus that they are also immune boosting recipes. That soup would be perfect for our wintertime weather.
Wow! All of these are looking good and so perfect! I would love to try these recipes!
Sweet potato fries are a favorite of mine! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
I love finding healthy recipes that help boost our immune systems! Salmon is one of my faves, so I’m definitely trying the Salmon en Papillote.
Everything looks good. I haven’t tried sweet potato fries. I’d like to though… not sure why it’s taking me so long to get around to it.
Salmon is my daughter-in-law‘s most favorite meal. I buy it and she cooked it when she comes over. Lol
“Baked Garlic Sweet Potatoes”!!! This sounds so good just even in my head! I would love to try it out first, before any other dish you have shared on this compilation, too!
There were so many junk food in 2021 that when I saw “Healthy Dishes” in the title I thought, “Oh! It’s for me” 🙂 Thanks!
This is the type of menu I enjoy! Healthy, tasty and including salmon. I’ve been a pesco-vegetarian for a while.
Thanks for sharing this post and telling me about La Germania. This year, I am determined to remain healthy and boosting my immune system is the best way to start.
I’m salmon lover and been with La Germania for more than 10 years now. Great recipes here!
I want them all! Can I have them? That salmon is definitely something I can’t wait to try.
Yummy recipes here and I am all about that Salmoin dish and those sweet potato fries look amazing too 😉
A very healthy recipe this is. I would like to try the baked garlic sweet potatoes
It looks delicious and easy to make. Would love to try the Salmon en Papillote. Very timely since we are also trying have healthier food choices. Thank you for sharing the recipes.
The soup looks like one I could enjoy on a “me “. day. Will try , thanks for sharing!
These looked so yummy, This is something that i would love to try, since I’m trying so hard to find healther food choices. thanks for sharing with wonderful recipe.
Wow! This looks like a really great and delicious recipe that is super healthy! I would really love to try this!
Wow! These are lovely dishes! I can’t wait to try them!
I want a detoxifying soup! It’s really helpful during the COVID-19 pandemic. Great recipes! Hope you can publish more soon.
That Salmon en Papillote looks so yummy! I want to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it. I really love it so much.
Comments are closed.